Saturday, May 24, 2003

Another sleepless night...what else is new? How is it that at night, I can only go to sleep if I am dead tired, yet during the day, I can fall asleep whenever (usually at the most inoportune times)? I think it has something to do with the fact that I just frustrate myself at night. I'll get frustrated that I'm not falling asleep, which of course keeps me awake, which make me even more frustrated. I try and not take naps during the day, to make me tired at night, but that doesn't help either. It's like I have this small window where I am really tired and if I don't take advantage of it, I hit my second win and it's another long night for me. Unfortunately, when I see the window, I go into a rush to get ready for bed, so I can take advantage of my tiredness, which of course wakes me up. Heh, oh well.

I went and saw Bruce Almighty tonight with Amy, Kenny, Phil (Amy's little brother) and his girlfriend. I admit that I was a bit hesitant about it at first, but I actually really enjoyed the movie. One of my pet peeves is when people misrepresent Christianity in entertainment, because for lots of people that's their only contact with it. It kinda' just frustrates me because some people will just assume that is what Christianity is about, when it's not. It bugs me more when they do it on TV shows, though. Don't get me started on religion specials on the History Channel (did anyone else see the special on angels?). Anyway, in the movie, they were able to avoid being totally blasphemous, yet not be overly preachy. I can't say the movie was theologically accurate, though.

On a totally unrelated note, my dad got a call about accepting a job working in Iraq for up to 3 years. I guess he'd be there setting up new computer networks and such for the Iraqi government buildings. My dad's job used to require him to travel a lot when I was in High School, so I guess it wouldn't be all that different. I guess it's just that I wanted to move away from Northern Virginia for a while and live somewhere else. I was eyeing either Colorado (Boulder or Colorado Springs) or Chicago. However, if my dad's going to be overseas, I'm going to have to stay at home to make sure things get taken care of around the house. My brother plans to be in college by that time, so it'd leave just my mom and I. I don't know, it just seems odd. My parents were all set to move down to Florida within the year, so I was scrambling to look for other places to live. Now, all that might change. I guess it just shows that no matter how crazy the world seems, it can always get crazier.

No comments:

Post a Comment