Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Is it July already? It's hard to believe that in 4 days I turn 24. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for the 4th. Almond and I were talking about either hanging out in Virginia Beach or maybe I'll see about going up to PA with CJ and crew. I gotta' find something fast, 'cause my parents leave for NJ in a day or two and if I don't find something, I'll either have to go with them or be stuck here by myself.

The past week or so was pretty eventful. I went and saw Ari Hest at the 9:30 Club. It was a really good show, the most energy I've ever seen Ari have on stage. He had a little guitar dude as well...he rocked. Georgia Avenue was also good, Jonasay was alright.

This past Saturday was Mike and Charyl's wedding. I'm really glad I went, even though I missed the Feeling Better than Everfine Festival. It was a beautiful ceremony and the reception was really nice as well. It was in this old plantation house. It was good to see a lot of old friends as well. Some I hadn't seen in a very long time. The only complaint I had was the lack of open bar. Not that I planned on getting drunk, I just enjoy me a good rum and coke and I was really looking forward to one. I had one at Ruby Tuesday's after the reception and it was "meh" at best.

I got to spend Saturday with Shannon, Daniel, CJ, Kristy and Kristen. Went to Old Town Alexandria and had lunch in an Irish pub. Then we had home made ice cream and walked along the water front. I also managed to spill the ice cream on myself, but that's ok because I wasn't the only one. Other than the insane traffic on the way back home, it was a really good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment