Monday, August 18, 2003

It's always good to spend your first day back from the road sick in bed. I woke up this morning with an upset stomach and a dizzy light-headed feeling. I went ahead and took the day off, so hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow.

Anyway, I rolled in last night from Chucktown around 10:30 and the past week was definitely a good time. We left last Sunday morning and hit the field in Charleston, SC for the week. We hooked up with a clearance office down there and worked out of their warehouse. There is definitely a big difference in how a clearance office is run and how a CPEA office is run. I just know that I could never be a straight up salesman. We then met up with our office in Raleigh for a team day and a leader's meeting. Anyway, here are some things that I learned:

- The weather there is crazier than it is up here. I worked a Bi-Lo and watched as one half of the parking lot was drenched in a rainstorm while the other half was still sunny and dry. It's weird to look out of two adjacent windows and see two completely opposite things.

- Apparently a double rum & coke means that they just double all portions, including the price.

- Terry is the African version of Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

- CPEA is way better than Clearance.

- Heather has no fear. She talks to anyone and everyone and has no problem busting into a Frat house. I felt like I needed a leash for her.

- Winning bonus money is good. Finding out you won the bonus while you were in the bathroom, even better.

- You don't realize how much you miss someone until you see them again and say goodbye again.

That's it for now. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment