Monday, September 01, 2003

It's been a while, eh? Anyway, today was an eventful day. After much deliberation this morning with my alarm clock, I decided to go into the office and work this labor day. I figured it'd be a good day because everyone else was off, so they'd be doing a lot of shopping. I get assigned to Staples in Bowie, MD and when I arrive I'm glad at the amount of traffic in the store. However, I learn that the manager can't let us sell merchandise on the property without a physical letter of authorization. Since I can't produce one, I tell him that we'll have one faxed over and we will be back tomorrow. I then team up with Terry and we head to his event. When we get there, we find out that the corporate office had never given the OK, so we were out of luck again. At that point, there isn't much else to do other than just hit all the businesses. We ended up hitting up two plazas, however since they were mostly corporate stores (not mom and pop stores), they couldn't give to charity without authorization. At that point, Terry decides that we should go residential. I've never done door to door before, but it really isn't that tough. I mean, Terry did most of the talking, but for two guys just winging it, we did alright. It was definitely lots of fun.

Yesterday, I went to my Uncle's house and watched Virginia Tech beat Central Florida on the big screen. He also made beer butt chicken. It's exactly what it sounds like. Basically, you take a can of bear, open it and shove it up the cavity of the chicken, then you stand it upright on the grill and cook it for 2 1/2 hours. He also rubbed the skin with some seasoning as well. Anyway, when it came out, it was incredible. The chicken almost fell apart, it was so tender.

The meal was great, but I definitely spent more time there than I wanted to. We got there at 3 and didn't leave until 10:30. I love my family and all, but I was just getting bored after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment