Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I'm not at work today. I'll spare you the details, because it's pretty gross, but I have a pretty bad stomach ache. I think I got it from Arkansas, apparently I wasn't supposed to drink their water (or booze).

Well, since I have the time, I might as well do a small update. I just got back from Arkansas to see my dad's side of the family for Thanksgiving. I'm still trying to figure out who I was related to and how. I think I've got most of it down, but not all of it yet. It was an 18 hour drive, so we left Tuesday night and got there Wednesday evening, stayed there through Sunday morning. I guess I had fun, as much as you could in a little town in Arkansas with your family. The first night I made the mistake of drinking with the family. I shouldn't be allowed to ever make my own rum and cokes again. Let's just say that the next thing I remember is me waking up the next morning and 6 dialed numbers in my cell call log. After that, I swore off alcohol for the rest of the weekend.

Thanksgiving itself was really good. We had smoked turkey breasts, roast blue turkey, baked ham, blue mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole. green bean casserole, shoepeg corn, broc/rice casselrole, pineapple/cheddar casselrole, gravy, cornbread dressing, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, pumpkin cheesecake & pineapple cheesecake. Honestly, after that, things got kinda' boring. I mean, I love my family and all, but we just stayed in all day everyday. The biggest thrill was getting to go Best Buy on Black Friday for 1/2 hour. Other than that, we just stayed in, played games, watched Bruce Almighty and drank (well, everyone else did). I think I had cabin fever by the end of the week. We ended up leaving Sunday morning at 7am (6am CST) and didn't get home until 2:30am.

The month or so preceeding this, I went to CT for a week to help train an office and was trying to go to Toronto for a week, but I couldn't find my birth certificate. That reminds me, I need to order a new one. . .