Sunday, December 28, 2003

Time for another update.

I ended up missing VACO at the 9:30 Club. It sucks to anticipate a show so much and watch it all just unravel right in front of me. I was really excited to see the new VACO, but I guess I'll just have to wait. From the reviews I read, I missed a really good show.

I did, however, get to hang out with Tiffany the next day and did our Christmas shopping. I was dreading the whole Yultide shopping experience, so I'm glad she volunteered to go with me. It definitely made it a more pleasant experience and it made it easier to waltz into Bath and Body Works for presents. I know I wouldn't have gone in there by myself. Anyway, in about 3 hours or so, we both knocked out our Christmas lists, so we felt pretty accomplished. I guess it's good to work with goal oriented people.

As for Christmas itself, well it came and went as it does every year. Our family agreed that it didn't feel much like Christmas at all. It might've been because the weather was in the 50's all week, or maybe because my parents left Christmas morning to go to Florida to look for a house, or perhaps it is because I've been so busy, I never let it sink in. I mean, I don't think it's occured to me that New Year's is only a few days away.

Since my parents left on Christmas morning, we ended up exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve. Well, most of us. I ended up leaving my gifts at Tiff's place, because I had no way of getting them home. Since my parents aren't giving me my present until they get back, they didn't mind that they're gonna' have to wait too. Other than that, I mainly got clothes and cash. My brother recieved an X-Box, so that thing has been on constantly for the past few days.

As for this past weekend, well it was a good one. I ended up spending $30 on movies and concessions the past two days, though. Last night Harmony, Heather, Arianna and myself saw Paycheck. It was better than I thought it'd be, but I really didn't have high hopes for it. It really didn't bring anything new to the table and I'm not a huge fan of Ben Afflek either. I ended up being talked into staying the night and today (sadly, I've stayed so many nights there, I already had a change of clothes), Tiffany, Dave, Michael Moore and myself saw a matinee of Something's Got to Give. I actually really enjoyed the movie. A little chick flicky, but still funny and I guess cute. The biggest drawback is that they have Keanu "I know Kung Fu" Reeves in the role of a doctor.



75 hours to decide how to ring in the new year. . .