Friday, May 14, 2004

I know the last few entries haven't been too positive, but I hope I'm not giving people the wrong idea. I guess it's just that I don't feel as compelled to write in this thing unless I'm feeling really vulnerable or things just aren't looking up. By no means do I feel like that all the time, though.

Anyway, my friend came up with a theory for me not being able to find a job. He said that it's because I'm overqualified for most of the positions I'm applying for. Companies don't want to spend the money to train a person like me and then watch me leave in a few weeks for a better position. I guess that makes sense, but if there was a better position, I'd have taken in it by now! On the flip side, I'm severely underqualified for everything else. Who knew a piece of parchment is the basis for determining the quality of a potential employee. I definetly want to finish my degree now, but I need money first. I might have to swallow my pride and just dumb myself down for the next round of applications, just to see how it goes.

On another note, I've been having strange dreams. Well, not strange, but a few of them in the last couple of weeks involved me being in a relationship. Seriously, the whole pursuit of the girl, getting to know her, the first kiss, becoming a couple, etc. It's weird. Granted, my dream didn't center around the relationship, but was part of a larger (and usually stranger) dream. Some of the plots included a college football game (and being locked in the stadium), a spaceship chase, my mom's car being wrecked, Thanksgiving among others. I'm not sure if it's because it's Spring or maybe I feel a little disconnected with my friends, so my mind longs for a relationship to be connected with someone. In the dream last night, we were a couple for less than a day. She broke up with me because she wasn't "feeling the relationship," and I thought, "well, it's been less than a day! Cut us some slack." However, I never spoke my mind to her so that was the end. Oh well, I wasn't sad about it. Maybe it was because it was so short that I never got the chance to be happy about it. In the end, I think it means that I need better sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment