Friday, August 13, 2004

Howdy stranger.

A lot has been going on for the past few weeks. The biggest news is that I will be an "uncle." Susan, one of my closest friends, is pregnant and right now it's kind of hard to digest. She is the friend I've known the longest in my life and sometimes it's hard to imagine the girl I used to ride bikes with and would get me sick on the huge tire swing is going to be a mom. I've always looked up to her (literally, she was taller than me in middle and high school) and I admire the way she's handling this. At the same time, it makes me realize how unprepared I am. I still don't feel like a "grown up," but then again, you really can't prepare for life. It just happens and you have to deal with anything that comes you way.

In other news, I work at Barnes & Noble now. I'm still in training, but so far there doesn't seem too much to it. Although I will be a bookseller, they are cross-training me for the café, that way if they need back up I can go back there and help out. Making a latté isn't nearly as difficult as one would imagine. I'm cool as long as people keep their orders normal.

Also, it appears that I've had 499 visits in the somewhat short life of this journal. I feel like I should do something special to commemorate number 500. How about, the next person who visits, post a comment on this entry and I'll send you something. Seriously, even if I don't know you. I'm not sure what it'll be just yet. Maybe some CD's, a book, who knows? However, if number 500 doesn't post, the deal is off and 501 doesn't get it. Don't miss out, yo!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:33 PM

    am I really your biggest stalker?

    timarie

    ReplyDelete