Saturday, November 06, 2004

And then last night I had that strange dream
Where everything was exactly how it seemed

Last night I added to the annals of my strange dream collection. In the dream, I lived in this big house that had quite a lot of lights and even more light switches. I seemed to have a lot of trouble trying to figure out which switch when with which lighting fixture. However, this really isn't important to the plot.

We lived near another large house and we were separated by a small wooded area with a path. I was riding my bike in the area when I came across a young girl crying (well, young as in my age). She kind of ran into me and it was apparent that she was afraid of something. Concerned, I asked her what was the matter. I don't remember exactly what she said, but she was afraid of something in her family (perhaps her grandmother). I tried to comfort her and offered to walk her back to her place and reassured her that I was only a short wood away if she ever needed me. I let her sit on my bike as I pushed her back through the woods.

When we got back to her house, we straightened things up (why, I'm not exactly sure) and kept things pretty light hearted. However, her grandmother came home unexpectedly and the girl freaked out because she knew she'd get in trouble if I was caught. You could hear her coming towards the girl's bedroom, but the room was large with few places to hide. She took off into the other room. I was lying on the floor and suddenly could not move. I strained to hide behind the door as quickly as possible, but didn't make it. My limbs would just not move. When the grandmother came in, I could tell she was about to erupt, but before she could, I thanked her profusely. I then made up some BS story about her granddaughter helping me because my bike was messed up and to pay her back, I was helping her clean the house. She seemed to buy it for the time being at least. I then put the grandmother to bed and was just extra nice to her, making sure her lights got turned off, the windows were closed, etc. I'm a hero, what can I say?

I ran into the girl curled in bed. I tucked her in and she thanked me, giving me a shy smile. I then gave her a kiss on the forehead and told her that I'd see her tomorrow.

The next day, the two of us met at work. Apparently we both work for some large corporation that is owned by her father. We spent the entire day trying to hide the budding "relationship" from him. I guess the father didn't approve or something. To top it all off, we used Blockbuster cards to get in and out of the building. Yeah, it's not supposed to make sense.

I did watch Donnie Darko last night, so I attribute some of this madness to that.

CD of the Moment
Damien Rice - O

No comments:

Post a Comment