Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tonight was supposed to be my night in to relax and catch up on sleep. Instead, I ended up going to Maryland to rescue two damsels in distress. Athena and Jen went to go see the local leg of the Hotel Cafe Tour in Annapolis and because of the retarded people at Rams Head, they got stranded there. Who tells people that Annapolis is a short Bus connector away from the Metro station? Granted, Jen should've known that Annapolis is not that close to DC. Anyway, I went up there, enjoyed some tunes with them and brought them home.

They were surprised that I'd make the trek to get them, but it didn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Maybe it's just me and I really value friends and I would do virtually anything for them. I mean, I couldn't let them take a cab home. It just didn't seem right.

Today, I found out that Julie Murphy Wells of Eddie from Ohio was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's one of my favourite women in music (and I generally don't like female singers) and it's really sad that she, her family and the band are going through this. Of course, this means they had to cancel their 9:30 Club show. If anyone knows and loves the band or even just wants to wish her well, you can e-mail her at my-left-breast@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment