Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Me: There's a new Portable Professor coming out.
Doug: Yeah, he's got tenure
Me: OK, I'm leaving now.


The other day, I got the book 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America (and Al Franken is #37) for a customer. I had to get it from a display behind the cash registers and when I handed them the book, she made a comment about how it wasn't on the floor and shows where B&N leans politically.

Are you kidding me? I don't understand the thought process of these people. It's as if people go out of their way to find anything that could possibly be perceived as a shot to their beliefs or political ideals. Trust me, you are not that important. At least it's not an election year right now. That was some rough times.

And while I'm ranting on stupid customers, the other day a lady got mad at me and the store because we did not offer educator discounts to teachers outside K-12. You'd think people would be able to outgrow the "it's not fair" syndrome once they got out of middle school. You pull this kind of temper tantrum when you're in 4th grade and you got a bag of candy corn while your sister got a blow pop, not when you're middle aged and teaching at the FBI ACADEMY! You can't give a discount to everyone and our public/home school teachers are already underpaid as it is. Let them have their discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment