Sunday, December 18, 2005

As I've grown older and passed the halfway mark to 30, I've begun to fear this whole concept of "growing up." Mainly due to the fact that I don't feel like I've accomplished as much as I would've liked by this time in my life. While the window of opportunity closes at an ever increasing rate (as it seems each year passes faster than the previous), something comes along to slow the momentum, at least for the time being. Somtimes it's a snowball fight in the parking lot or a friend bringing you a Kinder Egg from Europe (something I grew up with). Today it was a simple Christmas card from my Aunt and Uncle. The fact that after all these years, they still send me a card with cash in it. At 26, I don't feel like I still be getting money from my relatives, but here it is and dammit, it makes me feel like a kid again. I think the day that my brother gets cash and I don't for Christmas will be the day that I officially become a grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment