Thursday, February 16, 2006

A good friend blindsided me the other day. She asked me if I was unhappy and the honest truth is I am unhappy. When I look at my life as a whole, all I see are missed opportunities and failures. Sure, there are small instances where I am happy at that moment, but in the grand scheme of things, I just know that I can be so much more. At least I've made a conscious decision this past month to at least try and let future opportunities pass me by.

Also, my mom ran into my old Government teacher from high school and she remembered me. I'm not sure what to think of it, though. I pretty much spent high school trying not to be noticed, so I was shocked that someone actually remembered me 9 years later. All I can think about is how much I have changed since then, yet still remained the same.

This weekend's snowfall reminded me how much fun sledding can be. It also reminded me how old I am as well. I definitely twisted a knee and am sore all over my body (mainly back, abs and arms). It's OK, though. It was a wonderful time and I spent it with wonderful people. Amanda and I went back and forth on who could get the furthest around the lake, while Drew seemed more interested in hitting trees and sewer covers. It was also a small victory to get Yvonne to go down in a sled. That's twice we got Yvonne out in the snow (The first was to go see Hunter's band, Boxcar Collision, play at DC9). Pretty soon, she might actually enjoy it.

Hopefully I'll have pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment