Monday, October 16, 2006

Last night, I changed a dear friend's myspace profile into practically everything she hated. I personally thought it was a work of art, but I don't think she agreed.

This got me to thinking about online profiles. In every one of them, there is a section about children and what part they play in your current and future life. For those who do not have children, their are several choices, "not for me," "maybe some day," "someday," etc. However, if you do have kids, you have one choice, "proud parent." What if you are not proud of being a parent? How about those poor fools who have ruined their social lives over one night of lust. I think there should be more choices for these individuals. I would really like to see "She swore she was on the pill" or even "I will never buy a gas station condom again" as viable choices in the future.

And I leave with a few words of wisdom from Miss Holt:

Amanda: you know how people tell you that you can be anything you want to be?
Amanda: thats such a lie
Amanda: you, for instance, will never have an afro
Amanda: and i will never be a fire truck
Amanda: its just not going to work

No comments:

Post a Comment