Sunday, June 24, 2007

A week ago, Virginia Tech reopened Norris Hall for students and faculty. Prior to that, the allowed the news media to take a tour of the building. As the news media stood were standing outside of the front doors, interviewing President Steger, I walked past. So, I am sure that I was on the 6 o'clock evening news on some station.

The other night, I had a dream that someone had bombed Virginia Tech and that they used the video of me walking behind President Steger as a way to identify me as a suspect. Seeing myself on the news, I felt that it was in my best interest to go and clear my name. I left my apartment, which apparently was located in the Burruss Hall Tunnel, and tried to find someone who could help me out. The first few people I talked to were clueless in what I should do. Finally someone mentioned that I should just talk to President Steger. For some reason, his office was atop a large tower(perhaps the main tower of Burruss Hall) that you had to scale from within. As I climbed, I had a strange sense that I was being watched and followed.

I decided to stop on the floor that the student center was on to rest. For some inexplicable reason, I took off my shoes and socks. I then proceeded to make my way to the bathroom. There was only one uni-sex bathroom, so I waited until it was free and then went inside. It was almost like a porta-potty inside. Very basic and very plastic. I immediately regretted my decision to take off my shoes.

After I was done, I walked out and two young women walked in. I thought to myself, "wow, they are really close." I had to help them with something on the door and as I left, I advised them to keep their shoes on.

I found my shoes and put them back on and resumed my climb.


. . . and that's when I wake up.

1 comment:

  1. Please check out the link to this blog in support of converting parts of Norris Hall into the Institute for Transformative Learning

    http://norrishall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete