Monday, September 24, 2007

The gates to the venue are about to open and the line is getting long fast. My friends are already in line by the time I get there. I "merge" into the line in front of some girls who are immediately annoyed at me for cutting them. I try to ignore them and continue to move forward. They continue to loudly talk about it not being fair, but I just keep to myself, eyes forward. Eventually, I am able to charm them, even though they are still upset with me, they not tolerate me. I offer them buttons.

I get to the front of the line and I try to offer the rest of these buttons as partial payment for my concert ticket. The cashier looks at me like I am an idiot and says that he has to confiscate all "homemade merchandise." I quickly drop my $20 on the table, scoop up my belongings and go into the venue.

Inside the venue, there is a large grassy field that slopes downward toward the stage. On the hill are rows of picnic tables, each one with a grill. I find the rest of my group. Carly meets me and throws her arms around me, a long overdue hug. I know Holt is supposed to be there, but I don't know where she is. Someone tells us that they dropped the chicken in the grill and is asking for help. I walk over to the grill and find Holt already there. She reaches under the grill and I immediately try and pull her arm out, since the fire was just put out. Instead, she reaches further in, pulls out the chicken breast with no visible harm to her hand, save some charcoal marks. Perhaps she is Superman.

We spend the rest of the time chatting and waiting for the concert to start.


----------------
Listening to: Wilco - Radio Cure
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment