Saturday, July 04, 2009

Best of 2009 (Thus Far)

Now that we are past the halfway point in the year, here are my favourite albums of the first half of 2009. It is yet to be determined which ones will make the end of the year Top 10, but these are the albums that have caught my attention so far. (Credit to Shley, from whom I stole this idea).

In Alphabetical Order:

Beirut - March of the Zapotech and Realpeople Holland


Andrew Bird - Noble Beast


The Decemberists - Hazards of Love


Bob Dylan - Together Through Life


Franz Ferdinand - Tonight: Franz Ferdinand


Gomez - A New Tide


Lisa Hannigan - Sea Sew


Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit - Self-Titled


The Low Anthem - Oh my God, Charlie Darwin


Mos Def - The Ecstatic


Regina Spektor - Far


M. Ward - Hold Time


Wilco - Wilco (the album)

2 comments:

  1. maybe not your style...but you left off phoenix and passion pit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed Phoenix's past albums. I just haven't gotten around to listening to their new one.

    ReplyDelete