Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Truth is Out There...somewhere?

As I've mentioned before, I used to be fascinated with UFO's and the search for extra terrestrial life. It should come as no surprise that when the X-Files debuted, I became an avid watcher. Now, I was not overly obsessed with the show, but I started watching it in high school. In college, my roommate and I would make a point to make sure we were back in our dorms in time to catch that week's episode.

So, when I learned that they were going to make a new movie, that part of me got excited again and I added it to the list of movies I would need to see someday. The other day, as I browsed through what was available to stream on Netflix, I found the X-Files movie. The little alien hunter in me re-emerged and I sat down to watch the new adventures of Mulder and Sculley.

It took me one hour into the movie before I realized that this was not the new X-Files movie, but the first X-Files movie released in 1998. This, despite the fact that I noticed that the phones they used were models popular in the late 90's. Maybe I thought they were trying to remain true to the period of the original show or maybe I just took the willful suspension of disbelief a bit too far on this one.

Either way, I guess I cannot cross that movie from my list yet.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment